Thursday, February 21, 2008

March Madness creates MAY-hem! READ ON!

I just wanted everyone to collectively check and mark your calendars for Friday, May 16th through the 17th. We will be holding book club in Cascade, Idaho for a special Women's retreat! We will be staying at my parents house and enjoying some RandR and gab time. For this event I can't decide what would be the perfect book to delve into. Here are some suggestions, please check them out and let me know what you think!

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1881273156/ref=sib_dp_pt/105-8532476-2250035%23reader-link
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0307387178/ref=sib_dp_pt/105-8532476-2250035#reader-link
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1582870837/ref=sib_dp_pt/105-8532476-2250035#reader-link
Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/B0009B2WTC/ref=sib_dp_pt/105-8532476-2250035%23reader-link

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow!! That sounds like fun!!

For books is the Nanny Diaries like the movie? If so I'd vote for one of the other three. I've heard about the love languages, but never read it, same as Wuthering Heights. I think any of these choices would be good.

You're always so creative Amy! I love it.

Vicki said...

Hi, me again.

I just read the back cover for the Love Language book, it sounds great. I vote for that one. :)

bledsoeblog said...

I have read the Nanny Diaries and LOVED it! I think it would be a great conversation getter, a ton to talk about. I haven't seen the movie, but Jessica said it is a little different then the book. LOVED THE BOOK, I will read it again in a heart beat!
BTW, there is some language for those who are faint of heart, but who wouldn't be wanting to swear under their breath if they worked for the Ice Queen-raising her hellions?!

Alyce Dribnak said...

I'm so excited! Sounds like a fun girls night out. I vote to read Nanny Diaries or Love Language.

Sara said...

My vote is for Love Languages of course! It might be a good retreat for us to be away from our hubbies and we can have discussions about our relationships (sort of like group therapy?!) Just an idea. :-)
Sounds like a ton of fun!

Anonymous said...

I vote Love Languages. It would be totally different from the usual. I bet it would fuel a lively discussion.
(this is Erin)

Anonymous said...

I'm not plannign on coming due to some "family schedulng problems." it sounds like a ton of fun and I wish I could be there with you guys. I'll think of you fondly from my hospital bed. ;-) ;-)