I can't believe I managed to log in to post! Thanks for the help, Angie.
Anyhoo, the book for July is Candyfreak by Steve Almond. The basic gist is that he's a guy obsessed with candy. He does lots of reminiscing and provides drool-worthy descriptions of various candy bars. Much of the book follows Steve as he visits several independent candy factories (including the Idaho Candy Company) to see how candy is made and learn how the little guys compete in the larger marketplace.
I must warn once again, this is not an LDS author and he sometimes uses non-LDS language and references. Much of this is in the form of somewhat ribald adolescent memories. If you are squeamish and want to miss most of the not-so-clean stuff, you can read the Prologue and then skip to chapter 3 and still get the general idea.
There are 11 copies in the consortium, but only one copy at our library so you will need to put in on hold. I also bought a copy which I will make available when it arrives.
Happy reading!
1 comment:
Hint - there's also two large print copies, so if you want, put one of those on hold.
Post a Comment