Announcing the Book Choice for the month of August!!! And the book is....
Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
I know some of you, if not all, might be gagging at either the title OR the author, my feelings are not hurt.
I have been contimplating my book choice for quite a few months. I had several books in mind but none ever really seemed to fit.
I was wanting a book that could take us on an adventure, outside of the "Book Club meeting norm" and a book that was pretty quick, self-explanitory and a litte mushy! (We haven't had a mushy book in MONTHS!)
Nights of Rodanthe is written by one of my all time favorite authors, is one of my mom's favorite books. And so the book choice selection began! It happened at the beginning of June when I was out shopping for Trey's Birthday Party loot when I got a call from my mom. She was freaking out with excitement. She told me that one of her all time favorite books from Nicholas Sparks was being made into a movie and would be in the theaters in September. If any of you have seen "A Walk to Remember," "Message in a Bottle," or "The Notebook," you know this one will be a hit as well! I hadn't read the book myself in a very long time and had forgotten the plot, but was soon reminded how sweet it was.
The movie hits the theaters September 26th. I thought it would be so much fun to read the book, discuss it in the month of August, and then take our adventure and watch the movie In September or October! (The movie comes out the day after Baby Tian is tentatively due. I might still be pregnant then and ready to bust. If I do have Tian before that date, would you mind if we all went in October?)
I have two copies of my own, and have reserved at least 5 other copies from the library which will be available July 8th.
FYI: the Boise Library has a "Book Club Program" where you can reserve books for your club, under your name, and have it for your club for 6 weeks. Nice huh?!
I hope you all enjoy the book!
We will be meeting in August to discuss Nights in Rodanthe and then hopefully seeing the movie some time this fall!
Nights in Rodnathe movie trailer
http://nightsinrodanthe.warnerbros.com/
Nicholas Sparks Website
http://www.nicholassparks.com/Novels/NightsInRodanthe/Index.html
3 comments:
I have finished the book!! Whoever needs a copy let me know and I'll pass it along.
If you're still pregnant by then, I highly reccomend a movie! Seriously!! :-)
I finished the book Rebecca and handed my copy off to...Erin.
Post a Comment