Monday, July 12, 2010

August-Way to Be! by Gordon B. Hinckley


Just the other day I was talking with a friend about one of our mutual friends; who had just had twins. We were talking about how wonderful it was to be a mother, but how crazy life must be for our friend with TWO babies to tend to. My friend said, "I doubt she has a chance to just BE!" I had already picked our book club book Way To Be by Gordon B. Hinckley, but my friend summed up my thoughts in three words, "To Just Be."

While reading our book club book, I want you to think about a few things.

If you had just a moment, what would you do to "Just Be?"

What do you want to BEcome? A BEtter mother, friend, sister, daughter, coworker, neighbor?

This book should be an easy read that can be picked up for a moment, go change a diaper, eat lunch, put children down for nap, and pick up to read the next chapter. It is a complilation of 9 essential qualities to possess to live a more full, productive, happy life.

I hope you enjoy it just as much as I have. For the last year, this book has been the theme for our Family Nights and can be read and read again.

2 comments:

Amy said...

FYI the book is out of print...bummer. The lady at Book Nook said it has not been published for years.

bledsoeblog said...

Oh no! That is terrible. Well, come anyway and we will just visit!