Friday, March 13, 2009

April's Book Club

Hello Ladies! Thank you and Kudos to Rebecca, you always out do yourself. Last night was terrific and fun! If you missed it, we missed you for missing out!

For April we will be reading from the book, The Collected Plays of Neil Simon Volume II, Little Me. It is the first play in the book. Place your hold now and check in with other book club members. A few of us already have it and have read it.

A little background. This play is based on a novel written by Patrick Dennis. The novel, Little Me is an autobiography of an imaginary Hollywood Star, Belle Poitrine. She is born poor and has high hopes of achieving wealth, culture, and social status.

Neil Simon's, Little Me is a Musical Comedy. This is a new kind of read for us as we've not read a play before. Hope you enjoy! And I'll be seeing you all. Thursday, April 9th at 7pm.

PS I passed my book on to Erin. Whoever ends up with it, I taped the little bio about the play inside along with the due date to the Library, March 31st. So if I don't get it back before then, please just remember to drop it off. Thank you in advance!

No comments: